Wednesday, June 29, 2005

WAR

So we were over at Juan and Debbie’s house the other night watching “Braveheart” It raised some interesting thoughts, feelings, and discussion. First of all I feel that I am a pretty patriotic person. I love the country that God has blessed me with. I am very thankful for the men and women who serve and have served in our armed forces. I am also very thankful for the people who have fought and died, sacrificing their lives for this country. With all of that said and hopefully you read my last post you can see how seriously I take my country; it came at a great cost. I have several questions; please bear with me as I think out loud. When should I as a Christian take up arms for my country? When should we as Christians take up arms to end tyranny? Would it have been Christ like to assassinate Hitler, Stalin, or Sadam in order to save millions of lives? How am I supposed to be thinking about my earthly country when I am a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven? Romans 13 speaks of obeying the authority that God put above you, Peter said in Acts he had to obey God rather than men, where do I draw that line? Do think that American Christians killed German, Japanese, and Italian Christians in WWII? I am sure there were Christians who killed each other in the American civil war. Can you imagine Peter fighting for the Israeli government and Paul fighting for the Roman Government and they end up slaying each other? Please post your comments. Keep checking back I try to write at least once a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home