Tuesday, July 03, 2007

is latte art cool to anyone else?

Here at Augie's coffee house we try to get some good art on the top of our drinks but it takes great shots, milk steamed just right (not to thick not to thin, not to hot, not to cold) and a few loving flicks of the wrist as you pour not to fast but not to slow.

This is called etching, it isn't poured art.


One of Chad's better Rosetta's


Then Nick came and showed us all up. He finished in the top 20 at the USBC, and now works at Intelligentsia's new LA shop. It is embarrassing putting his art up right after mine.

I opened the lid to my cup and this is what appeared through the crema, very scary. Not really, Chad poured this to scare off some customers.

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool latte art! I should get out more, I didn't even know there was latte art, but now I'm dying to try it myself. I found some great videos on YouTube of baristas creating latte art so I could see how it's done. It must take some practice to get them to be so pretty...or scary (love the skull). Very impressive...have you been converted into coffee drinkers or have you moved straight to espresso?
We enjoy the updates and we're glad to see you both doing well. Hope you had a happy 4th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home